Holding Area Dairy Crowd Gates
Mid Valley Manufacturing’s high lift crowd gates for cows are ideal when you are trying to gently guide your dairy cows into the milking parlour with as little effort as possible. It operates like a complete cow traffic control system, helping to improve efficiency when guiding the herd into the milking parlour.
Let us help you perfect your system to create an efficient and stress-free environment for your dairy cattle. By removing the excess space, the dairy crowd gate clarifies for the cattle exactly where they need to go, keeping everything orderly and moving smoothly.
Ask Us About High Lift Crowd Gates
Dairy Crowd Gates Options
Whether you are renovating or building a new milking parlour, our dairy crowd gate design can be customized to your barn’s specific needs.
Electric Over Hydraulic Drive
- 1HP electric motor turns the hydraulic pump for forward, reverse direction, and lifting of the gate.
Vertical/High Lift Gate
- The vertical lift on the dairy crowd gate allows you to bring in your 2nd group of cows into the holding area without pushing the 2nd group back when lifting the gate.
- The high lift allows you to drive most skid steers underneath the gate when lifted.
Radio Remote Controlled
- The high lift crowd gate is controlled by 2 wireless remote controls, allowing the milker and the herdsman control over the gate while milking or bringing in the next group of dairy cows.
Heavy Duty Construction
- The high lift gate is built out of rectangular tubing and is fully hot dipped galvanized.
Milking Parlour Crowd Gate Benefits
Crowd gates for cows should never be used to force them into the parlour. Like you, we want your cows to have a positive experience by eliminating distractions and keeping the cows moving forward at a controlled comfortable pace. Your dairy crowd gate is there only to encourage the cows so that they move into the milking parlour willingly.
Like our cow stanchions, our crowd gates are made from high-grade galvanized steel and designed to remove pinch points and distractions, minimize corners, and minimize your workload.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect from our high lift crowd gates.
- Easy to install
- Cow stress is reduced helping to keep the herd calm
- Process is simplified and streamlined for quick and safe parlour entry
- Less cow stress means higher milk yields with less effort
- Less stress on your dairy barn staff
- Gates are designed for maximum performance and require minimal maintenance
About Mid Valley Manufacturing
Located in Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada, Mid Valley Manufacturing is a leading dairy farm equipment supplier.
We’ve worked with dairy farms across Canada, the United States, and internationally.
See our dairy barn projects page.
This Crowd Gate Article by Technology for Ag offers additional information on dairy crowd gates.